Hello and welcome to the Thunder Bay Dental Hygienists' Society website. In 2012, the society celebrated its 40th anniversary! We strive to provide members with up-to-date information pertaining to the dental hygiene profession. Founded in 1972, the TBDHS has been dedicated to providing continuing education opportunities to its members, as well as giving back to the community of Thunder Bay. Over the past 41 years, the TBDHS has had the opportunity to volunteer with organizations including the Thunder Bay Shelter House, Thunder Bay Children's Aid Society, numerous long-term care facilities, T.O.P.S groups, and local daycares. Here's to many more great years of continuing education and oral health education in Thunder Bay!
The TBDHS is a non-profit organization dedicated to dental hygienists and dental hygiene education. Benefits of becoming a TBDHS member:
1. Networking with colleagues: Staying connected within your profession of upcoming events where dental information will be available to you.
2. Job opportunities: Your name, if you choose, will be put on the “Short Notice List” which is distributed to all offices in the Thunder Bay area.
3. Professional continuing education opportunities: Our society holds meetings and workshops in which guest speakers are brought
in to educate our members about services and recent advancements within other health are disciplines. These opportunities can enhance your individual client care practices, as well as contribute to your professional portfolio.
4. Volunteer opportunities: Throughout the year our society will connect within our community through programs designed by our members and executive to help educate and enhance our city with oral health awareness.
5. Become a member of your local society’s executive: Give yourself an opportunity to get involved with making a difference directly within your profession. The self-gratification and personal rewards will always enhance your personal and professional development.